Killers of the Flower Moon
Title: Killers of the Flower Moon
Original Title: Killers of the Flower Moon
- Country: USA
- Language: English
- Length: 206 Minutes (3 hours 26 min)
- Budget: $200,000,000
- Genre: Crime Drama History
- Topic: Murder Racism Native American
- Studios: Appian Way Apple Studios
- Distributor: Paramount Pictures
- Age rating: 15 (Suitable only for 15 years and over)
- UK: October 20 2023
- United States: October 20 2023
In the beginning of the 20th century the Osage Nation discovered oil in North America and managed to obtain a fortune, becoming one of the richest people on Earth. This sudden wealth caught the attention of white intruders that manipulated, extorted and stole to obtain their achievements, and finally killed them. Based on true events, 'Killers of the Flower Moon' inspires in the homonym novel by David Grann and narrates a tragic story of crime in the wild West through the perspective of an improbable romance, that of the white Ernest Burkhart with osage Mollie Kyle. True love, treason and power cross their paths in this story directed by the Oscar winner Martin Scorsese.Scorsese ('Taxi Driver', 'GoodFellas', 'The Irishman') writes the script with Eric Roth ('Forrest Gump', 'Dune', 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button') in this production by Apple Studios. The cast stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone, Jesse Plemons, John Lithgow, Brendan Fraser, Tantoo Cardinal, Cara Jade Myers, JaNae Collins, Jillian Dion and Pat Healy. Photography is lead by cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, who already worked with Scorsese and DiCaprio in 'The Wolf of Wall Street' and has participated in films like 'Brokeback Mountain', 'Babel', 'Argo' and 'Passengers'. He's been Oscar nominated three times.
Listings'Killers of the Flower Moon' is showing in 3 today, including:
- Odeon Dunfermline Cinema (Dunfermline): 14:10
- Cineworld The O2 Greenwich (London): 13:10
- Odeon Derby Cinema (Derby): 14:40
- Odeon Liverpool Switch Island (Liverpool): 14:40
- Odeon Metrocentre Cinema (Gateshead): 12:00
- Vue Westfield Stratford City (London): 12:50 21:45
- Odeon Cardiff IMAX (Cardiff): 14:40
- Odeon Guildford Cinema (Guildford): 14:40
- Odeon Manchester (Manchester): 16:30
- Odeon Milton Keynes Cinema (Milton Keynes): 13:50
Prosecutor Peter Leaward
July 5 2023
June 12 2023
May 18 2023
Martin Scorsese said that when he read David Grann's book "Killers of the Flower Moon," he knew that he had to make it into a movie. Scorsese spent several hours together with Chief Standing Bear to convince the Osage Nation to help with the filming.
This will be the seventh collaboration between Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio and will also mark the eleventh collaboration between Scorsese and Robert De Niro if the short film The Audition (2015) is taken into account.
Robert De Niro was bothered by Leonardo DiCaprio's frequent improvisations; According to Martin Scorsese, "Every now and then, Bob and I would look at each other and roll our eyes. And we'd say, 'You don't need that dialogue.'"